From YoYoGames Wiki
- Wave Files (.wav)
- Midi Files (.mid, .rmi, .midi)
- DirectMusic Files (.sgt)
- MP3 Files (MP3), but must be played using the function that allows playing of the sound using an external media player. (See List of Sounds)
List of Sounds
- Normal sound: Sounds played normally. It can either be a Wave or a Midi file.
- Background music: Music intended to be played as background music. Can be a Midi file.
- 3D sound: Should be a Wave file.
- Multimedia Player Sound: Sounds/music that can be in any file format. In order for a player to be able to hear the sound, the player's computer must be able to support the file format.
Sounds can be set under any of the four options above, provided that they're in the proper format to be used under the options.
Sounds can have the following effects applied to them.
The volume and panning (that is, how physically to the left or right a sound is) can also be adjusted, and whether the song is preloaded can be set. If an external sound editor is supplied, it can be used to edit the sound.